A simple but very useful module which uses a potential divider to reduce any input voltage by a factor of 5. This allows you to use the analogue input of a microcontroller to monitor voltages much higher than it capable of sensing. For example with a 0-5V analogue input range you are able to measure a voltage up to 25V. The module also includes convenient screw terminals for easy and secure connection of a wire.
This module is based on principle of resistive voltage divider design, can make the red terminal connector input voltage to 5 times smaller. Arduino analog input voltages up to 5 v, the voltage detection module input voltage not greater than 5Vx5=25V (if using 3.3V systems, input voltage not greater than 3.3Vx5=16.5V).
Arduino AVR chips have 10-bit AD, so this module simulates a resolution of 0.00489V (5V/1023), so the minimum voltage of input voltage detection module is 0.00489Vx5=0.02445V.
- Voltage input range : DC 0-25 V
- Voltage detection range : DC0.02445V – 25V
- Voltage analog resolution : 0.00489 V
- Output Interface : “+ ” connected 5/3.3V, “-” connected GND, “s” connected Arduino AD pins
- DC input interface : red terminal positive with VCC, negative with GND
- By 3P connector, connect this module with the expansion of board Arduino, not only makes it easier for you to detect voltage battery, can also use the IICLCD1602 LCD to display voltage.
- Size: 25mm×13mm/0.98″×0.51″(approx)
- Divider ratio: 5:1
- Resistor Tolerance: 1%
- Max input voltage: 25V
- Resistor Value: 30K/7.5K Ohm